Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
The Law Offices of Robin Bresky Boca Raton & West Palm Beach Appellate Attorney
  • ~
  • ~

What happens if you do not have a will or trust?

In Florida, the laws of intestacy take over and if you do not have a will or a trust, you will have to go through what’s called probate. There are several different types of probate in Florida, and depending upon the amount of your assets will depend on the type of probate. The court will also determine who your personal representative will be as opposed to you selecting it in your will. So, I suggest that you prepare a will and a trust so that the courts do not determine who will be your executor and who will receive your assets.

Return to FAQS

Share This Page:

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation